HyperSpectral imaging represents an enabling technology for a broad spectrum of applications in biomedical imaging.
It combines spectroscopy, multi-dimensional imaging and computing to define the chemical composition of a biological specimen. The underlying principle is the simultaneous measurement of the detailed spectrum of every pixel in the image captured by the CCD array of the digital camera. HyperSpectral Imaging can be used to obtain fluorescence or bright field spectra, such as absorption, transmission, or reflection. The HyperSpectral image allows you to precisely locate chemical constituents providing unique and unparalleled insights into the molecular origin, formulation and phase of the observed living entity.
GenASI’s HyperSpectral platform is based on Fourier Transform Spectroscopy . The system simultaneously measures the spectra for each point in the image (pixel) in the visual and low-near infrared (NIR) range. The system can be attached to any microscope.
The spectral images are analyzed by a unique software package, SpectraView.
SpectraView has multiple analysis capabilities which are based on novel image analysis algorithms.
- Wide spectral-range, revealing hidden information
- Un-mixing multiple colors, resolving co-localized image components
- Removing background signals, in bright field and fluorescence
GenASIs SpectraView Capabilities
- Uncover chemically similar areas hidden to the eye.
- Create color-coded maps of chemical similarities and differences. Compare the chemical makeup of components between different images.
- Choose a region with the qualities you want to analyze, GenASIs SpectraView automatically finds all the other similar regions in the image
- Separate spectral components to view them as individual image layers.
- Automatically detect objects and classify them based on quantitative morphological and spectral content.
- Each layer is displayed as a separate image so no information is obscured
- Un-mix spectral components and remove background, providing accurate, quantitative, spectral content at each pixel.
- Extract information from the selected regions to quantify dye concentration, intensity, size and shape
Enhance images automatically with brightness and contrast tools and provide customized reports, including images and notes. Connect with ASI’s advanced data manager system, Case Data Manager, and export the information in common spreadsheet formats